Critical Thinking

 Module learning:

Prior to this module, my proficiency in presentation skills was notable lacking. I vividly recall the initial stages of the module when I spoke softly while reading and responding questions in class. However, the numerous opportunities provided by Professor Blackstone for class participation, I have not only developed comfort in addressing a crowd but have also acquired the skill of projecting my voice effectively.

Although I have written multiple reports back in polytechnic, I never really learned the proper structure of report writing and cite sources properly. Through this I learned the importance of crediting writers for their work and will implement this to subsequent reports that will come during my time in SIT.

I also realised the benefits of feedback provided by Professor Blackstone and my peers. As I was able to discover points I have overlooked while working on my assignments.

Project Learning:

I learned how to carry out research effectively as a group, by discussing key points to research on and delegating it to different members of the group. I realise that active listening played a crucial role during group meetings, initially, as at the start there times where we would repeat what another member said, however, through active listening group meetings were carried out more effectively.

For the presentation, I learned the importance of rehearsing as group, as we were able to practice and see the flow of the research. Additionally, feedback provided to me by the team helped improve my final presentation as well. Professor Blackstone has given me key pointers to look out for during presentation. Example, when a team member is presenting, the rest of the group should sit facing the audience.

I will implement what I have learned from this research project to my future works, be it in SIT or in my future workplace. To better present myself and articulate my ideas to my future groups or colleagues. 

Comments

Post a Comment